I agree with
http://journals.cambridge.org/action/displayAbstract?fromPage=online&aid=554844 's idea that teakwondo also helps your mind by working on focus and meditation/relaxation. However it can be stressful when you are trying hard to memorize or remember something. As you do the forms( which means poomse in Korean), you have to develop a certain focus to do the right and really get in tune with the way your body works. You also have to focus as you take class. Your mind cannot stray and you have to perform crisply and smoothly. As far as meditation goes, the master will sometimes have you sit in what is called body focus( Back straight, legs criss-crossed, arms straight and hands in fists resting on your knees, looking straight ahead not moving or talking) with your eyes closed and empty your mind. It is a great way to develop a healthy way to unwind.
I disagree with http://bigwokkerssociety.blogspot.com/2009/07/show-of-appreciation.html becouse sometimes it is the instructors fault. I want to add that a few months ago I was ahving the same problem and it was because when I was there, the master never taught me anything new. MY younger brother almost quit with me because we were so upset over it.
So to wrap this up teakwondo is good for your mind. It is a great stress relief and anger management sport, it works on focus and meditation/relaxation, and it improves and/or teaches you discipline. Teakwondo is great and there are many reasons why you should try teakwondo.
Anna
No comments:
Post a Comment