When Lun writes http://bigwokkerssociety.blogspot.com/2009/08/why-you-must-carry-on.html which makes me think of how we age so rapidly that we cant afford to neglect our mind and bodies. To keep up our mental acuity we should be physically active. Martial arts can help you stay sharp and keep the connection strong between mind and body. When you are taking martial arts you are constantly learning both kinesthetically or via oral teaching.
I agree with Lun's statement about how 'there is not disconnect between mind and body'. he is right when he asks 'Why should there be?'. However for some it truly is a challenge to connect your mind and body. That is where the learning comes in and once you've got it down you start to hone your skills and start to learn in a smarter way. It isn't always an instantaneous connection.
Engaging Lun's idea of 'just stay active' I want to add that being active is hard but it is worth it in the long run. It can benefit you greatly. Some types of great activities are of course martial arts, running, swimming, and kickboxing. These all help prevent many diseases such as diabetes and colon cancer.
I disagree with Lun's statement about how his fellow colleagues seem more lethargic when they don't get up a lot. I think that you really cant get a lot of exercise at work and if you get up a lot then you wont get a lot of work done. you will not focus if you cant stay seated long enough to concentrate.
I want to add that I believe you should always be active and when you are active no matter how your built or who you are then you are healthy regardless of the size on you pants.
Anna
I like how you added your own thoughts. They seemed very clear and well stated. Second to last paragraph, how do these types of exercise help prevent these disease? Second paragraph, why is it a challenge to connect mind and body?
ReplyDeleteI think you need to look more at capitalization and grammar. Check the last sentence of the first paragraph. I would also like to learn more about the hows and whys of "just staying active" and the ways the different types of learning helps your body.